Friday, May 27, 2011

Lessons for my kids :))

Noticed how the past couple of blog entries have a complaining tone to it!
We shall talk about something happy today. :)
Like how some of the best things in life happen unexpectedly. Like how your personality has a lot to do with what happens around you as a kid.
Mom hates "socializing". You know going out or inviting people over to 'hang out'. But Dad's quite the opposite.

And..
I'm their kid.
What do I like?

So, unexpectedly, we went to mom's colleague's place one day. And somehow I often remember that day. I mean little things that happen everyday, remind me of that visit.
I don't remember the colleague's name: so we shall address him as Uncle.
Uncle had a huge dog. In an apartment. I was scared of dogs before that day.
But that dog was obedient and friendly and all that a dog can be. That's the first memory I have of me starting to love dogs.
Uncle introduced me to Origami. I enjoyed learning it. It kept me occupied that day and several days after that. Kept my friends busy too..
Somehow whenever I've made that paper ball again, it made me proud that I learnt something new.

Uncle also gave me this book of Hymns. I never used it. It just lay there in my cupboard. One day one of my relatives sees it and throws it out. "Why do you have a book on Christianity at home?" :O
Go be happy in your own religious world if that is what keeps you happy. Don't drag me into it!
I mean my parents never force me to follow things that I don't believe in. Although they believe in it. I think we have that freedom of doing things that feel right to us. And this outsider acted like he has a say in my life.
Why is everyone always  trying to recruit you onto their side?
As of today, I am in no man's land.

I'd like to teach my kids these things. Although I do understand that these things cannot be 'taught'.

Learnt how to make a bird today so I can pass on the joy of learning Origami to my kids. 
The bird would've looked nicer in colored paper I think. There's no "Assam tea uncle's" shop here that I can run and get something from. (There was a shop beside our house that sold arts and crafts and tea and everything in between. ;) Never thought I'd remember THAT of all things.) 

1 comment:

apoorva said...

' Assam tea uncle's shop '...... :))))))))))))))