Monday, October 4, 2010

The Art of Acting

Gahaha. Not that I have a lot of knowledge over the topic. But I am beginning to realize it is not as easy as it seems. Portraying your emotions in front of an audience and making them feel what you are feeling is a HUGE task. Trust me.
All this gyaan I'm giving out coz I just started acting in a play/skit which is a love story. How it began and continues..Your typical love story.

The first scene required me to fall into his arms and look into his eyes like I'm in love! I mean, here is a guy you don't even know, and you have to act like he's the center of your world! So many problems I had.
First thing, it's plain embarrassing.
Second, you have to do it with more than a dozen pairs of eyes watching you!
If it were in a room with only the two of you, it is somewhat fine. But otherwise it requires a lot of effort to ignore the people around you, get the feelings of each scene right and finally, have the confidence to do it in front of a group of people.
Now I know why, in movies, they prefer less people to shoot with in intimate scenes. Or why co-stars are linked. To make it look real, you have to get comfortable with each other and if you get comfortable, it would look real! So, you have your catch-22 situation right there. :)

It's been good so far. I'm doing it to explore my limits. To see what I can and can't do. And how much I like what I do.
More later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As kids we have a lot of new things to explore everyday, this reduces as we grow up, by year 20 you would have defined your personality, After this, exploring something new which you've not experienced so far, makes you feel happy about yourself.. adding a new dimension to your personality is always a ++..

Ashwini said...

^ I know! In this case, I'm feeling really good about myself.. But not always you feel so. Some things you would rather wish you hadn't tried at all..Like dancing...I suck at it.

Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Ah damn! You should have done it. Was the guy you had to get close to a hot one?

Ashwini said...

Haha, sorta ;) But that's besides the point woman!