Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day - Very random post

So it snowed like crazy here and was home, cooking most of the day. I enjoy cooking.


Watched Dhobi Ghat. I think it's not what most Indian cinema goers would want to pay and watch. I thought it was interesting, but again, was it because I am not in India that I didn't really mind watching the Mumbai streets and the emotions? Probably not. It had more to do with the emotions than anything else. You'd like it better if you don't watch it with a group of friends. And it somehow reinforced the feeling of Karma- I totally believe in it. What goes around comes around. 

Watched the Social network.  The locations were very familiar. :) Been there done that sorts. The story was very gripping. Nicely made and told. When it ended, I was like, "Heyyyy! Why did you stop?!"


It is creepy when your room-mate who's asleep talks in her sleep and your still awake listening to it. Can be embarrassing sometimes too. ;)

I told you it is random!

1 comment:

Sudipta Chatterjee said...

Not just emotions... I'd say Dhobi Ghat was about the little things in a big metropolitan which link all lives, big or small, rich or poor. And what was most touching (even more than the visuals) was the innocence portrayed by girl who had apparently left those video messages. If you watch it with friends (or like I did, with my better half), I was glad to see her face again after the movie was over.