Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mommy feelings

You know what? I think I am ready to have babies. Yeah, I'm not married but the funny thing is, I don't have the urge to get married - that idea is almost repulsive, but I would love to have kids of my own. But since one is dependent on the other, I don't really have a choice.

Went to a colleague's house yesterday. She has two kids aged 4 and 2 and I was with the 4-year-old girl most of the time I was there. It felt so good to carry her around- when kids cling onto you, isn't it the best feeling in the world? I had this warm feeling in my chest and didn't want to put her down, but after a while it got tiring. So then I kept her engaged, talking to her. How cute they are when they hold on to your hair. And talk in that nonsensical kid chatter which even though doesn't make sense, is so sweet to the ears. But, It is quite a task keeping them engaged, making sure they don't fall. They are so prone to accidents, no matter how much you try, you can't really avoid them. All mom feelings swept over me.
Are there other girls who feel this way to? I'm 23, so I guess it's natural to have these feelings. Or are my feelings pre-mature?
By the way, does this happen to guys? Do you guys feel the urge have kids when you  are single? At what age does that happen, if it ever does? 

No comments: