Friday, April 15, 2011

Heaven

Looking at those photographs, they turn around and make me laugh. 
Oh my God! Is that the way I looked! :O 
And all those memories flooding back in. The first year of college. The excitement. 
The ragging. The struggle to make an impression. New friends. Fitting in. Labs. Classes. Comments. Getting thrown out of class. Settling in. Getting to know people better. Those gang of stupid guys who sweet talk with you and talk shit behind you- you know it, but you still can't do anything about it. Those stares you get when you walk by. The poker- face you put on when you pass by, secretly enjoying the attention. :)


Bunking classes. Bribing the watchman to let you out of college. The long walk, riding the bus, shared-auto or whatever ride you get- reaching the movie theatre just in time. Going home late and making up excuses. Getting caught and being grounded. ;)
Those mass bunks. Getting yelled at the next day. Those endless smses sent.Those forwards that you have to forward to your whole contact list. Your first pillion ride at 100 kmph. Learning how to drive a bike. Yelling at someone else, even when it was you who rammed your bike into them. Those coaching classes. Those last minute preparations. The customary burning of the midnight lamp. Dozing off a zillion times but managing to finish the syllabus JIT. The endless wait for the exam results. Convinced that you are gonna fail. And then go out and celebrate when you actually pass (the icing on the cake is when you've topped the class). Promises that you'd visit a temple. Unkept promises. Arguments. The birthdays. The college canteen. Crazy pranks. Laughing so hard that you cry. 


Everybody starts off with hating college and complaining about it. I was no different. And I never thought a day would come and I'd feel this way, but I miss college!








Priceless Expressions


I miss that town
I miss the faces
You can’t erase
You can’t replace it
I miss it now
I can’t believe it
So hard to stay
Too hard to leave it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post! Rekindled my college days as well.