Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Parting

My room-mate left yesterday and the room is suddenly empty. I mean when she was here it wasn't like I would speak to her all the time, but atleast her presence was felt. Now it suddenly feels like I'm all alone in this big bad world. Ok full dramatizing it only no? But no, I actually miss her..

Mmm..So before she left we were awake till 4 am..talking about ourselves, what we thought of each other, about others, love, life after this and all... Bits and parts of the conversation:

Background info: Topic was about love/husband etc. We're all single.. by_choice/otherwise.

S: Somewhere some body is made for me. I believe in destiny.
A: You have to believe, you don't have an option. :))

I felt good about the fact that she thought I was a good human being even though I can be a little rude at times. And she thought I could brighten up someone's otherwise dull day just by talking to them. :) Now, that was something!

We dropped her off to her new destination which was about an hour's drive from here. A guy she knew was kind enough to take us all and say the final good-bye. We had heard from her that the guy is super intelligent and all that. So we were kind of curious to see him. All these intelligent types are a little too careless I feel. (Based on a few other intellectual souls that I know)
So this guy picks us up and we drive off for about 10 miles before he realizes the fuel tank is almost empty. And the bad thing about this country is that you have to drive far and wide before you get to a gas station. So we headed back, all the way speculating about how many miles we would have to push the car back. Luckily for us, we reached  before we ran out of gas completely. On the way back he's trying to drive fast because the logic was to reach back before we run out of fuel. :)) I was like, the faster you go the more fuel you spend. He's like, "Oh yeah." And then slows down!

The ride this time was without any more casualties. I wouldn't know. I was sleeping. Good thing about me travelling is I can sleep wherever whenever. Bad thing is my mouth is open a lot of the times.....and if you are sitting beside me, you could be in a mess :P

We reached the destination and had a look around the Capitol building. While we were taking pics, I realized Mr. Smart_guy had forgotten to shut his car door and it was wide open on a busy road! Luckily nobody crashed into it. Then after he closes the door, I ask him if he had the keys. After I ask, he checks, and says yeah they're in my pocket! OMG what a bhulakkad!

I always thought my guy should be full intelligent sorts. Now I think he should be responsible more than anything else.


After the interesting journey, we dropped her off, pacified the crying girl, managed not to cry and headed back to the empty house.

The time in our lives can be likened to walking an empty long road. No matter how many people you meet on the road, you have to reach your destination by yourself, all alone.

PS: If you ever happen to read this, I miss you.

No comments: