Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants ;)

Remember in one of my previous posts I wrote I am going farther away from everyone as each day passes by? Turns out, every problem has a quick-fix solution. Except of course if it is of the NP-Hard variety. No matter which part of the world you are in, the heart to heart connection is just a phone call away! I usually speak to Mom for about 10 mins everyday. But last night it went on for about an hour And then spoke to my sis. I think I found my best friend for life yesterday.

There was a point in life when I wouldn't share anything with her. That happened because, I once told her a couple of things and she was like,I'll go tell Mom and Dad wait! :)) Who would want to share anything with such a kid? So  from that point on, we only spoke about impersonal stuff and the gap between us widened.

Somehow yesterday we got talking and went on for a couple hours. All the biggest, darkest secrets of our lives came tumbling out. Some were shocking. Some funny. But whatever it was that we shared, both of us felt the gap close. And THAT people, is the best feeling in the whole wide world.

We're both so different in so many ways, yet we share so many common things. (Common parents for one. :P ) But on a more serious note, both of us hate it when someone we talk to, maybe just an acquaintance, goes and talks about us to others. We wouldn't do that to others. And expect the same from them.
We don't talk that much, although the degree varies- she's of the extreme variety-keeps mum most of the times whereas I only talk to certain people.

Sisters have similar tastes in clothes? Don't know, but we do. And it doesn't match with the other set of cousins that we have.

Just remembered something. I sometimes hate eating Rice. But was forced to eat it every morning. (This was when I was in the third grade and she didn't go to school yet. ) Mom wasn't looking and I put all my stuff in her plate. Paap she had to eat her stuff + mine. Some random memory. Feels nice now that I think of it. :)

On this note, listen to Evanescence. Or something else. Your wish ba! :D
P.S. : The title is the name of a movie she once loved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post rekindled many a memories. Siblings, I miss them. Good post :)

Ashwini said...

@ Mouse: Thank you thank you :) I felt good while writing it as well..