Thursday, March 31, 2011

Arranged marriage

Will start of with some words of wisdom from the Internet.
"Don't promise when you are happy. Don't reply when you are angry. Don't decide when you are sad."
And now my words of wisdom.


The clock is ticking. The one on my hand + my biological one. I am not getting any younger, although at heart, it is a different story altogether. Very soon I have to get married. All those lovey-dovey couples around me are mocking me. Oh you're single? You're gonna let your parents choose..Good luck babe!

I'm paranoid about getting married. It's a guy thing I know. But hey, I'm a guy at heart remember? ;) Haven't married ever, yet, but the whole arranged marriage thing is getting to me. I'm dreading that show that we(the girl's side, {come to think of it, the guy's side too!}) have to put up, where the actors on one part of the stage all have to act like the other side has descended from heaven. 


Everything from your clothes to how your house looks. Your make up. No make up(this includes the blushing, smiling, looking down) = she was forced to seeing the guy.
Make-up = Oh she's so vain.
Simple clothes= she doesn't really care about the outcome of this show.
Dolled up= She's so modern. Reject!
The girl's confident= she'd be a dominating daughter in law. 
Diffident= guy won't like it. The girl wouldn't like it either.

Better qualified guy= more dowry. (OMG that's a whole other story)
Less qualified=you're not happy.
You mess up one bit, and your Gods leave. Probably your soul-mate too. 



And then there's the next show.

No comments: